Admin and Finance Manager
Location: SunFarmer head office in Shankhamul, Kathmandu, Nepal
About SunFarmer: SunFarmer Nepal Pvt. Ltd. builds world-class solar energy systems for hospitals, schools, businesses, and farms in Nepal. We specialize in introducing innovative solar technology and business models in Nepal; we pride ourselves on doing what has never been accomplished before! Since January 2014, we have completed over 150 solar energy projects in Nepal.
SunFarmer Nepal has a small team that consists of some of the leading solar engineers in Nepal. We are motivated by our desire to bring clean, reliable energy to Nepal. Our office is fast-paced and high performing, but we also like to have fun together.
SunFarmer’s head office is in New York, USA and was started by experienced solar energy experts that have led over $1 billion USD in solar energy installations. We have connections to leading solar energy companies around the world, and our plan is to eventually replicate our work in Nepal in other developing countries.
Duties and responsibilities: We are currently looking for a highly experienced Admin and Finance Manager to develop and implement a comprehensive financial MIS and accounting system and be responsible for day to day management of accounting and finance functions at sunfarmer Nepal.
The candidate will report directly to the CEO of SunFarmer Nepal, and will be expected to perform tasks listed below:
1. Bookkeeping/ Accounting Responsibilities:
· Experience in using Quickbooks or an experience using any accounting software.
· Responsible for the accuracy of all receipt, payment, & journal vouchers, and for maintaining a tightly organized and efficient bookkeeping system with all supporting documents.
· Run monthly payroll; prepare salary sheets for new employees and take leadership on calculation/payment of tax.
· Reconcile monthly bank statements and verify monthly petty cash.
· Complete annual adjustment of accounts at the end of the financial year and annual financial statements including Income and Expenditure, Cash Flow Statement, Balance Sheet, depreciation and tax calculations, adjustment of pending transactions, creditors and debtors lists etc.
· Manage the auditing process (select external auditing firm, provide them with necessary materials to complete audit, ensure they meet deadlines etc.)
2. Project & Company Financial Forecasting:
· Develop, build and maintain financial models, budgets, and other financial planning tools to forecast company’s sales, company position, financing needs, etc.
· Propose and track financial performance indicators
· Deliver weekly accounts reports and monthly MIS reports to CEO on project and company financials
3. Legal – Responsible for ensuring that SunFarmer Nepal remains in legal compliance with all Nepali law
· Review of the legal compliance on accounting transactions.
· Review of the legal compliance of tax matters.
· Prepare and report to Department of Industry, Nepal Rastra Bank and Company Registrar Office when required.
4. Admin and Operational Responsibilities:
· Assist with logistics and documentation related to procurement.
· Logistical support to the to the project personnel ; travel arrangements, visas, hostel reservations, etc
· Arrange appointments , meetings and handle telephone enquiries
· Respond to requests for information
· Maintain office records and reference file on all project and related activities.
· Conduct personal visits, correspondence and communication with government agencies, customs officer, partner companies and related stakeholders.
· Carry out other duties as assigned by CEO
· Candidate should have a positive attitude and be willing to assist with a wide range of tasks
· Type a wide variety of correspondence reports, paper and documents using computerized systems. Draft non- routine correspondence and responses, and ensure follow-up action.
· Proactive – You don’t wait to be told what to do, you identify what needs to happen and proactively propose and complete projects.
· Attention to Detail – Nothing gets past you, you find and correct errors before they cause problems.
· Integrity – Successful candidate will be someone with the utmost professional and ethical integrity.
· Passion – You are joining a dynamic startup that uses to solar to revolutionize how Nepalese use energy. We want someone who is as excited by our mission as we are!
Education: The person shall hold a Bachelors degree in Business, most preferably Masters Degree from a leading university, and have excellent writing, communication and presentation skills (both in English and Nepali).
At least 2 years+ of professional experience in similar position and experience working with foreign investment company
Must have ability to quickly build relationships with customers and team
Must have both strong analytical and communication skills. Should be highly detail oriented and organized
Why apply? This role is an exceptional opportunity to be at the forefront of bringing solar energy to Nepal, with SunFarmer's industry-leading and growing team. Come join us!
TO APPLY: SEND YOUR CV (WITH SCHOOL MARKS) AND COVER LETTER IN AN EMAIL WITH THE SUBJECT LINE "Director of Finance" TO HR@SUNFARMER.ORG.