Location: SunFarmer head office in Sanepa, Kathmandu. Some travel to project sites will be expected.
SunFarmer Nepal Pvt. Ltd. builds world class solar energy systems for hospitals, schools, businesses, and farms in Nepal. We specialize in introducing new solar technology and business models in Nepal; we pride ourselves on being the “first” to create innovative energy solutions.
Our team is small and consists of some of the leading solar engineers in Nepal. We are motivated by our desire to help solve Nepal’s energy crisis. Our office is fast-paced and high performing, but we also like to have fun together.
Our head office is in New York, USA and was started by experienced solar energy experts that have led over $1 billion USD in solar energy installations. We have connections to leading solar energy companies around the world, and our plan is to eventually replicate our work in Nepal in other developing countries.
Duties and responsibilities:
We are currently looking for a Technical Officer that is a quick, eager learner and a team player. The candidate will report directly our Technical Director, and will be expected to serve a key role on our engineering and project management teams. Responsibilities include:
- Evaluate and test new solar energy and electrical technologies
- Conduct detailed energy audits at project sites to prepare for solar energy system design. Must be able to recognize electrical system related to wiring, safety, earthing, load balancing, etc.
- Assist in design institutional solar energy systems for hospitals, schools, and businesses
- Assist in overseeing of complex solar energy systems. Help manage contractors, vendors, customers
- Complete detailed reports and documentation regarding solar energy system. Create trouble-shooting manuals and processes to ensure project success
- Complete various projects requiring knowledge of Computer Aided Drawing software (Autocad etc.)
- Intellect: We have a high performing team, and we look for the smartest, brightest people we can find.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: We don’t tell you exactly what you should do – you should be able to lead projects from start to finish with minimal supervision
- Willingness to dive in and learn: You just get things done; you are hungry to learn
- Team player: SunFarmer is a great place to work, and we look for team players that are enjoyable to be around, and that will work collaboratively as part of a team
- Efficient and hard worker: We expect you to get an extraordinary amount of work done in a short amount of time – that means you have to work efficiently. However, we also work hard – when deadlines are tight, we do what it takes to get the job done
The person shall hold a Bachelors degree in Engineering from a leading university, and have excellent writing, communication and presentation skills (both in English and Nepali).
- Strong knowledge of building electrical wiring, earthing protection and safety devices
- Proficient with MS Office package and Internet research
- Willingness to travel frequently to project sites
- Entrepreneurial spirit – Ability to quickly learn new concepts and get tasks done with minimal supervision
- AT LEAST 1-2 years of professional experience
- Driving license (at least two wheeler)
TO APPLY : Please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Specify the job(s) you are applying for in the email subject line.