TO APPLY: please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Chief Partnerships Officer
Full time role in Kathmandu, Nepal
SunFarmer Nepal Pvt Ltd is a private company with a social mission to provide reliable and affordable solar energy for hospitals, schools, businesses, and farms. We have a laser focus on both maximizing impact and achieving financial sustainability. Our current focus is Nepal, with plans to expand globally.
SunFarmer has completed over 100 solar energy projects in Nepal. We work with customers to arrange affordable financing solutions, whereby customers pay for solar energy over time. We have also developed rigorous quality standards to guarantee that our systems are world class - and we include long term maintenance services to stand behind the quality of our projects.
Since the April 2015 earthquakes, we are also active in reconstruction of the health sector, empowering clinics and hospitals with solar to provide modern medical care to rural communities.
The Chief Partnerships Officers will report directly to the President of SunFarmer Nepal, and will have significant (and growing) responsibility within the organization. The CPO will have at least 3 direct reports on their team.
- Lead partnerships with major organizations:
- Lead engineering team:
- Lead SunFarmer’s relationships with major development organizations; responsible for initial lead generation all the way through partnership signing
- Develop partnerships with major organizations that will lead to hundreds of solar energy projects
- Manage team of engineers responsible for designing and commissioning solar energy systems at hospitals, universities, and businesses
- Oversee final designs on new and complex designs for cutting-edge solar energy projects
- Bachelor’s degree from top tier university, Master’s degree preferred
- Knowledge of energy markets, ideally with solar background
- 5 to 10+ years of experience; at least 5 years of experience in the energy industry
- Very quick learner
- Entrepreneurial – ready to take on any new task
- Hands on experience with solar energy projects
- Existing network in business / energy in Nepal
- Employees will be compensated generously based on experience, on par with leading organizations in Nepal
- Benefits include insurance and paid time off
- We work hard, but also have a great work environment that will enable professional development and personal growth