FINANCE & ADMIN ANALYST
Position: Finance & Admin Analyst
Location: SunFarmer head office in Sankhamul, Kathmandu.
SunFarmer Nepal Pvt. Ltd. builds world-class solar energy systems for hospitals, schools, businesses, and farms in Nepal. We specialize in introducing innovative solar technology and business models in Nepal; we pride ourselves on doing what has never been accomplished before! Since January 2014, we have completed over 400 solar energy projects in Nepal.
SunFarmer Nepal has a small team that consists of some of the leading solar engineers in Nepal. We are motivated by our desire to help solve Nepal’s energy crisis. Our office is fast-paced and high performing, but we also like to have fun together.
SunFarmer’s head office is in New York, USA and was started by experienced solar energy experts that have led over $1 billion USD in solar energy installations. We have connections to leading solar energy companies around the world, and our plan is to eventually replicate our work in Nepal in other developing countries.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Finance and Administration Analyst is responsible for establishing and maintaining efficient finance and administrative systems and procedures to support the smooth running of the operations and ensure compliance with the Nepal government and SFN’s regulations. The Finance and Administration Analyst is responsible for the SFN’s accounting functions and this position also oversees certain administrative functions related to human resource management. The candidate will report to our Finance & Admin Manager.
1. Bookkeeping/ Accounting Responsibilities:
- Manage the day-to-day finance, administrative and logistic resources of SFN Office.
- Ensure financial systems and controls are in place within the office. Ensure accuracy of all receipt, payment, & journal vouchers, and for maintaining efficient bookkeeping system with all supporting documents.
- Maintain financial record entries in financial software.
2. Admin and Operational Responsibilities
- Administer and reconcile petty cash.
- Assist in the admin procurement process to ensure compliance with SFN’s procurement policy and procedures; select and negotiate with local service providers, within the established financial parameters.
- Oversee of overall in-house office equipment and ensure its proper maintenance and function.
- Oversee office supplies: ordering and inventory management.
- Other duties as assigned.
1. Intellect: We have a high performing team, and we only hire the smartest, brightest people we can find. We especially value creative thinkers
2. Entrepreneurial spirit: We don’t tell you exactly what you should do – we expect all team members to lead projects from start to finish with minimal supervision
3. Willingness to dive in and learn: You love getting things done, and you are always working to improve your knowledge and skills
4. Team player: SunFarmer is a great place to work; we look for colleagues that are enjoyable to be around, and that will work collaboratively as part of a team. Willingness to put your team’s needs before your own and step up when needed is crucial
5. Efficient and hard worker: We expect you to get an extraordinary amount of work done in a short amount of time – that means you have to work efficiently. However, we also work hard – when deadlines are tight, we do what it takes to get the job done
6. Professionalism: You are organized and punctual, and you are a concise and efficient communicator. You are as comfortable presenting to business executives in Kathmandu as you are interacting with farmers in respective regions.
The person shall hold at least a Bachelors degree from a leading university, and have excellent have excellent writing, communication and presentation skills (both in English and Nepali).
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration.
- One year experience- Preferable.
- Excellent oral, written communications and problem solving ability.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must have writing skills in both English and Nepali
- 2-wheeler with license
- Willingness to travel and work in the field
Why apply? This role is an exceptional opportunity to be at the forefront of solving Nepal’s energy challenge by working with SunFarmer’s industry-leading team. Come join us!
How to apply? Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with an e-mail subject line “Finance&Admin Analyst”.