M&E QUALITATIVE INTERVIEWER
Location: SunFarmer Nepal Office Based with frequent field visits
SunFarmer Nepal Pvt. Ltd. builds world-class solar energy systems for hospitals, schools, businesses, and farms in Nepal. We specialize in introducing innovative solar technology and business models in Nepal; we pride ourselves on doing what has never been accomplished before! Since January 2014, we have completed over 250 solar energy projects in Nepal.
SunFarmer Nepal has a small team that consists of some of the leading solar engineers in Nepal. We are motivated by our desire to help solve Nepal’s energy crisis. Our office is fast-paced and high performing, but we also like to have fun together.
SunFarmer’s head office is in New York, USA and was started by experienced solar energy experts that have led over $1 billion USD in solar energy installations. We have connections to leading solar energy companies around the world, and our plan is to eventually replicate our work in Nepal in other developing countries.
Duties and responsibilities
SunFarmer Nepal is currently looking for candidates for “Solar Suitcase Program” working with government health facilities across 9 districts of Nepal. The main aim of the project is to improve maternal and child health in remote health facilities that lacks proper electricity. You will be a key member of the SunFarmer Nepal Operations team, and will lead professionally rewarding M&E activities on successful completion of comprehensive M&E training provided by SunFarmer.
- Conduct 30 in-depth qualitative interviews with providers on how Solar Suitcase has impacted their ability to provide care at night, their referral process, and their ability to handle obstetric emergencies.
- Explain survey objectives and procedures to interviewees, and interpret survey questions to help interviewee’s comprehension.
- Identify and resolve inconsistencies in interviewees’ responses by means of appropriate questioning and/or explanation.
- Review data obtained from interview for completeness and accuracy.
- Identify and report problems in obtaining valid data.
- Provide routine written updates to the Project Manager on the progress
- Prepare individual field visit reports based on the experience and formal/ informal interactions with various stakeholders.
- Compile, record and digitize all gathered data from various sources in predefined database/ form.
Intellect: We have a high performing team, and we only hire the smartest, brightest people we can find. We especially value creative thinkers
Entrepreneurial spirit: We don’t tell you exactly what you should do – we expect all team members to lead projects from start to finish with minimal supervision
Willingness to dive in and learn: You love getting things done, and you are always interested in learning how you can improve your knowledge and skills
Team player: SunFarmer is a great place to work; we look for colleagues that are enjoyable to be around, and that will work collaboratively as part of a team
Efficient and hard worker: We expect you to get an extraordinary amount of work done in a short amount of time – that means you have to work efficiently. However, we also work hard – when deadlines are tight, we do what it takes to get the job done
- Experience with qualitative research methods
- At least one year of experience conducting in-depth interviews and/or focus group discussions
- At least two years of professional work experience in the health, non-profit or research sector
- Ability to work independently and as part of an international team
- Passion for learning and comfort with providing input and feedback
- Strong communication skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Well organized, detail-oriented, able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Willingness to talk with international staff and provide feedback early mornings, late evenings and weekends as needed
- Willingness and availability to travel to districts to interview midwives and SBAs - BA, BSc required (or equivalent experience); background in public health or nursing preferred