M&E QUALITATIVE TRANSCRIBER
Location: SunFarmer head office in Kathmandu. Some travel to project sites is expected.
SunFarmer Nepal Pvt. Ltd. builds world-class solar energy systems for hospitals, schools, businesses, and farms in Nepal. We specialize in introducing innovative solar technology and business models in Nepal; we pride ourselves on doing what has never been accomplished before! Since January 2014, we have completed over 250 solar energy projects in Nepal.
SunFarmer Nepal has a small team that consists of some of the leading solar engineers in Nepal. We are motivated by our desire to help solve Nepal’s energy crisis. Our office is fast-paced and high performing, but we also like to have fun together.
SunFarmer’s head office is in New York, USA and was started by experienced solar energy experts that have led over $1 billion USD in solar energy installations. We have connections to leading solar energy companies around the world, and our plan is to eventually replicate our work in Nepal in other developing countries.
Duties and responsibilities:
SunFarmer Nepal is currently looking for candidates for “Solar Suitcase Program” working with government health facilities across 9 districts of Nepal. The main aim of the project is to improve maternal and child health in remote health facilities that lacks proper electricity.
- Listen, transcribe and interpret the recorded dictation of the 30 interviews with providers on how Solar Suitcase has impacted their ability to provide care at night, their referral process, and their ability to handle obstetric emergencies.
- Prepare individual reports based on recorded dictation.
- Review and edit drafts prepared by interviewer, making sure the transcription is correct, complete, and has a consistent style.
- Translate medical abbreviations and jargon into the appropriate long form
- Identify inconsistencies, errors, and missing information within a report.
- Follow-up with the healthcare provider to ensure the accuracy of the reports
Intellect: We have a high performing team, and we only hire the smartest, brightest people we can find. We especially value creative thinkers
Entrepreneurial spirit: We don’t tell you exactly what you should do – we expect all team members to lead projects from start to finish with minimal supervision
Willingness to dive in and learn: You love getting things done, and you are always interested in learning how you can improve your knowledge and skills
Team player: SunFarmer is a great place to work; we look for colleagues that are enjoyable to be around, and that will work collaboratively as part of a team
Efficient and hard worker: We expect you to get an extraordinary amount of work done in a short amount of time – that means you have to work efficiently. However, we also work hard – when deadlines are tight, we do what it takes to get the job done
- Experience with qualitative research methods
- At least one-year experience transcribing qualitative interview recordings; preferred experience transcribing recordings from Nepalese directly to English
- Fluency in written and oral English and Nepalese required
- Ability to work independently and as part of an international team
- Strong communication skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Well organized, detail-oriented, able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated commitment to adhering to confidentiality and high quality research standards
- Availability to transcribe interviews
- Formal/professional training in transcription preferred