SALES ANALYST- AGRICULTURE
Position: Sales Analyst- Agriculture
Based in: Kathmandu & Chitlang. SunFarmer Nepal Head Office Based with frequent field visits to Chitlang.
SunFarmer Nepal Pvt. Ltd. builds world-class solar energy systems for hospitals, schools, businesses, and farms in Nepal. We specialize in introducing innovative solar technology and business models in Nepal; we pride ourselves on doing what has never been accomplished before! Since January 2014, we have completed over 400 solar energy projects in Nepal.
SunFarmer Nepal has a small team that consists of some of the leading solar engineers in Nepal. We are motivated by our desire to help solve Nepal’s energy crisis. Our office is fast-paced and high performing, but we also like to have fun together.
SunFarmer’s head office is in New York, USA and was started by experienced solar energy experts that have led over $1 billion USD in solar energy installations. We have connections to leading solar energy companies around the world, and our plan is to eventually replicate our work in Nepal in other developing countries.
Objectives of Program:
- Build and implement replicable community farming business model for sustainable commercial vegetable cultivation.
- Introduce high quality modern agricultural inputs and techniques.
- Provide solar powered irrigation.
- Provide plant advisory services for monitoring disease prevention/cure.
- Maintain production of high quality of produces.
- Provide market linkages from high end markets to wholesalers.
- Full scale implementation of pilot project to other sites/districts.
Duties and responsibilities
We are currently looking for an Sales Analyst- Agriculture to support our Product Development team. The candidate will perform a variety of roles to support project and will report to the respective line manager at SunFarmer Nepal head office in Kathmandu. Responsibilities include:
1. Stake Holder Relationship
- Liaison representative of SunFarmer Nepal for clients, buyer and local stakeholders.
- Responsible for leading the procurement of agricultural input from a variety of input suppliers.
- Responsible for leading sales of agricultural produce to variety of buyers such as supermarkets, online markets, retailers, whole sellers etc.
- Responsible for leading on boarding of local stake holders at Chitlang eg. Farmers.
- Maintain healthy relationship with client, buyers and local stake holders.
2. Management - Agro Store Chitlang
- Lead the establishment of SunFarmer’s first agro – store in Chitlang.
- Keep weekly log/record of sales of agro-inputs.
- Keep weekly log/record of inventory of agro – store and maintain stock of inventory.
- Generate market intelligence for agro-input sales in Chitlang store to boost sales of products in the future.
- Lead marketing of agro – store to boost store sales.
- Conduct monthly visit to agro – store in Chitlang for monitoring of sales, service and management.
3. Manage Agricultural Produce Sales
- Generate demand for agricultural produce being produced from Chitlang.
- Identify new buyers and generate roster of buyers.
- Responsible for on boarding with new buyers to expand scope of sales.
- Responsible for negotiation of rates regarding sales of agro produces.
4. Manage Logistics of Agro Goods
- Lead and manage logistics of agro – inputs to SunFarmer’s Chitlang agro shop.
- Lead and manage logistics of agro – produce from Chitlang to buyers in Kathmandu.
5. Management of SunFarmer’s Farm
- Lead farm management at Chitlang eg. Irrigation schedule, Fertilization schedule etc.
- Lead crop monitoring of farm at Chitlang eg. Disease prevention/cure.
- Ensure high productivity of crops from farm at Chitlang.
1. Intellect: We have a high performing team, and we only hire the smartest, brightest people we can find. We especially value creative thinkers
2. Entrepreneurial spirit: We don’t tell you exactly what you should do – we expect all team members to lead projects from start to finish with minimal supervision
3. Willingness to dive in and learn: You love getting things done, and you are always working to improve your knowledge and skills
4. Team player: SunFarmer is a great place to work; we look for colleagues that are enjoyable to be around, and that will work collaboratively as part of a team. Willingness to put your team’s needs before your own and step up when needed is crucial
5. Efficient and hard worker: We expect you to get an extraordinary amount of work done in a short amount of time – that means you have to work efficiently. However, we also work hard – when deadlines are tight, we do what it takes to get the job done
6. Professionalism: You are organized and punctual, and you are a concise and efficient communicator. You are as comfortable presenting to business executives in Kathmandu as you are interacting with farmers in respective regions.
B.Sc. agriculture or equivalent degree.
2 Years professional work experience preferably in sales, trading, farm management etc.
Possessing a motorcycle and a motorcycle license (Must have).
Ability to work independently and as part of a local team.
Passion for learning and comfort with providing input and feedback.
Strong communication skills and ability to meet deadlines.
Well organized, detail-oriented, able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision.
Willingness to provide feedback early mornings, late evenings and weekends as needed.
Willingness and availability to travel between Chitlang and Kathmandu.
Why apply? This role is an exceptional opportunity to be at the forefront of solving Nepal’s energy challenge by working with SunFarmer’s industry-leading team. Come join us!
How to apply? Please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with an e-mail subject line “Sales Analyst Agriculture”.
DEADLINE: MAY 30TH, 2018