Senior Sales Manager
Location: SunFarmer head office in Sanepa, Kathmandu. Some travel to project sites will be expected.
SunFarmer Nepal Pvt. Ltd. builds world class solar energy systems for hospitals, schools, businesses, and farms in Nepal. We specialize in introducing new solar technology and business models in Nepal; we pride ourselves on being the “first” to create innovative energy solutions. Since January 2014, we have completed over 120 solar energy projects in Nepal.
SunFarmer Nepal has a small team that consists of some of the leading solar engineers in Nepal. We are motivated by our desire to help solve Nepal’s energy crisis. Our office is fast-paced and high performing, but we also like to have fun together.
Our head office is in New York, USA and was started by experienced solar energy experts that have led over $1 billion USD in solar energy installations. We have connections to leading solar energy companies around the world, and our plan is to eventually replicate our work in Nepal in other developing countries.
Duties and responsibilities:
We are currently looking for a highly experienced Senior Sales Manager that can help lead our Sales Team. The candidate will report directly to the President of SunFarmer Nepal, and will be an important part of our rapidly growing organization. Responsibilities include:
Work with our Senior Manager of Product Development and Sales to develop solar products that our customers want. Collect feedback from customers to refine our product
Work with Product Development and Marketing teams to develop a sales strategy and prioritize customers to target
Develop deep relationships with customers including major NGOs and businesses. Lead all communications and meetings – and close the deals!
Ensure that our customers are delighted and happy
Serve as a “thought leader” – speak at conferences and improve our knowledge base on how to do world class solar energy projects in developing countries
Work with SunFarmer leadership team to develop new sales processes and improve the way we work
- Intellect: We have a high performing team, and we look for the smartest, brightest people we can find. We especially value cretive thinker.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: We don’t tell you exactly what you should do – you should be able to lead projects from start to finish with minimal supervision
- Willingness to dive in and learn: You just get things done; you are hungry to learn
- Team player: SunFarmer is a great place to work, and we look for team players that are enjoyable to be around, and that will work collaboratively as part of a team
- Efficient and hard worker: We expect you to get an extraordinary amount of work done in a short amount of time – that means you have to work efficiently. However, we also work hard – when deadlines are tight, we do what it takes to get the job done
The person shall hold a Bachelors degree in Engineering or Business from a leading university, and have excellent writing, communication and presentation skills (both in English and Nepali). Masters' degree in a technical field is preferred but not required.
- AT LEAST 3 years professional experience in energy sector
- Must have both analytic skills as well as very strong writing skills
- Willingness to travel to project sites
TO APPLY : Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Specify the job(s) you are applying for in the email subject line.