No. of positions: 1
Based in: SunFarmer Nepal Head Office, Sankhamul, Kathmandu. Extensive travel to project sites expected.
About SunFarmer: SunFarmer Nepal Pvt. Ltd. builds world-class solar energy systems for hospitals, schools, businesses, and farms in Nepal. We specialize in introducing innovative solar technology and business models in Nepal; we pride ourselves on doing what has never been accomplished before! Since January 2014, we have completed over 250 solar energy projects in Nepal.
SunFarmer Nepal has a small team that consists of some of the leading solar engineers in Nepal. We are motivated by our desire to bring clean, reliable energy to Nepal. Our office is fast-paced and high performing, but we also like to have fun together.
SunFarmer’s head office is in New York, USA and was started by experienced solar energy experts that have led over $1 billion USD in solar energy installations. We have connections to leading solar energy companies around the world, and our plan is to eventually replicate our work in Nepal in other developing countries.
Duties and responsibilities
We are currently looking for a Site Engineer to support our Engineering team. The candidate will perform a variety of roles to support SunFarmer’s solar projects and will report to the Engineering Manager of SunFarmer Nepal head office in Kathmandu.
- Conduct preliminary and detail site survey of solar systems as per project application and scope.
Installation, monitoring and commissioning
- Prepare installation guidelines.
- Manage team for site supervision to ensure works are carried out as per standards.
- Supervise installation and commission projects to completion. Prepare project completion report.
- Provide documented feedback to the engineering team on design improvements as per site conditions.
After sales support
- Provide support in after sales technical issues. Prepare report of actions taken.
1. Managerial skills: The engineer must have strong managerial skills to lead his/her sub-ordinates.
2. Efficient and hard worker: We expect you to get an extraordinary amount of work done in a short amount of time – that means you have to work efficiently. However, we also work hard – when deadlines are tight, we do what it takes to get the job done
3. Intellect: We have a high performing team, and we only hire the smartest, brightest people we can find. We especially value creative thinkers
4. Entrepreneurial spirit: We don’t tell you exactly what you should do – we expect all team members to lead projects from start to finish with minimal supervision
5. Willingness to dive in and learn: You love getting things done, and you are always working to improve your knowledge and skills
6. Team player: SunFarmer is a great place to work; we look for colleagues that are enjoyable to be around, and that will work collaboratively as part of a team. Willingness to put your team’s needs before your own and step up when needed is crucial
7. Professionalism: You are organized and punctual, and you are a concise and efficient communicator. You are as comfortable presenting to business executives in Kathmandu as you are interacting with farmers in respective regions.
The person shall hold at least a Bachelor degree in a technical background from a leading university, and have excellent networking, communication and presentation skills.
- Worked in design of solar or electrical systems.
- Experience in site supervision of solar or electrical systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Basic concept in technical field.
- 2-wheeler with license
- Willingness to travel and work in the field.
Why apply? This role is an exceptional opportunity to be at the forefront of bringing solar energy to Nepal, with SunFarmer's industry-leading and growing team. Come join us!
TO APPLY: HOW TO APPLY: PLEASE EMAIL A RESUME AND OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPT TO HR@SUNFARMER.ORG WITH AN E-MAIL SUBJECT LINE “SITE ENGINEER".