Location: SunFarmer head office in Sanepa, Kathmandu. Some travel to project sites will be expected.
SunFarmer Nepal Pvt. Ltd. builds world class solar energy systems for hospitals, schools, businesses, and farms in Nepal. We specialize in introducing new solar technology and business models in Nepal; we pride ourselves on being the “first” to create innovative energy solutions.
Our team is small and consists of some of the leading solar engineers in Nepal. We are motivated by our desire to help solve Nepal’s energy crisis. Our office is fast-paced and high performing, but we also like to have fun together.
Our head office is in New York, USA and was started by experienced solar energy experts that have led over $1 billion USD in solar energy installations. We have connections to leading solar energy companies around the world, and our plan is to eventually replicate our work in Nepal in other developing countries.
Duties and responsibilities:
We are currently looking for a highly experienced Technical Director that can lead our technical team. The candidate will report directly the President of SunFarmer Nepal, and will be part of the leadership team. Responsibilities include:
- Lead our technical team, which consists of at least 3 technical managers/officers
Set processes in Technical Department to ensure that staff is working efficiently and our work is well documented
Set team Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and goals; coach junior staff to ensure that they are learning quickly
Represent SunFarmer’s technical team and communicate our work to customers; you will often be present for meetings with major customers and partners
Serve as a “thought leader” – speak at conferences and improve our knowledge base on how to do world class solar energy projects in developing countries
Oversee all technical and implementation work
Evaluate and test new solar energy and electrical technologies
Conduct detailed energy audits at project sites
Lead design of institutional solar energy systems for hospitals, schools, and businesses
Oversee the installation of complex solar energy systems. Manage contractors, vendors, customers.
Ensure all aspects of project are properly executed, including detailed documentation
Create relationships with stakeholders including government, NGO sector, etc
- Intellect: We have a high performing team, and we look for the smartest, brightest people we can find. We especially value cretive thinker.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: We don’t tell you exactly what you should do – you should be able to lead projects from start to finish with minimal supervision
- Willingness to dive in and learn: You just get things done; you are hungry to learn
- Team player: SunFarmer is a great place to work, and we look for team players that are enjoyable to be around, and that will work collaboratively as part of a team
- Efficient and hard worker: We expect you to get an extraordinary amount of work done in a short amount of time – that means you have to work efficiently. However, we also work hard – when deadlines are tight, we do what it takes to get the job done
The person shall hold a Bachelors degree in Engineering from a leading university, and have excellent writing, communication and presentation skills (both in English and Nepali). Masters' degree in a technical field is highly preferred.
- AT LEAST 5 years professional experience in energy sector
- Must have deep technical and electrical experience, and able to design and oversee solar energy projects from start to finish.
- Willingness to travel to project sites
- Driving license (at least two wheeler)
TO APPLY : Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Specify the job(s) you are applying for in the email subject line.